School District 25 Policy
Use Of Private Vehicles On
Adopted: April 9, 1985
The Board recognizes the need for some school employees to use their own automobiles
for school purposes regularly or occasionally. To safeguard the District, employees,
and students in matters of liability, particularly as this relates to an employee
transporting a student or students, the following policy shall be observed:
- To use a private vehicle for school purposes, the employee must have the
written permission of the Superintendent or his/ her designee.
- This permission may be in the form of a standing permit for employees who
use their own cars regularly for school purposes. The permit shall state the
particular purpose, and whether it includes transportation of students.
- Employees so authorized to use their cars for school business purposes shall
be provided liability coverage by the District which is secondary to the employee's
- The District shall assume no responsibility for liability in case of accident
unless the employee has the authorization described above.
- The Board specifically forbids any employee to transport students for school
purposes without prior authorization by the Superintendent or his/ her designee.
- No student shall be sent on school errands with his/ her own automobile,
an employee's automobile, or a District-owned automobile.