School District 25 Policy
Fremont County School District
No.25 Job Description
Adopted: April 14, 1987
- To the Board of Trustees
- Master's Degree with a valid Wyoming Superintendent's Certificate
- A minimum of five years experience in school administration including
experience as a central office administrator.
- Serve as chief executive officer for the Board of Trustees and chief
budget officer for the School District.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees and advise the Board on
all matters before it.
- Supervise the work of all employees.
- Promote the programs of the schools among the general public, parents,
students, and civic organizations.
- Make certified personnel recommendations for employment, promotion,
retention, tenure, transfer, and dismissal to the Board of Trustees.
- Approve all classified staff for employment, promotion, retention, transfer,
- Direct the preparation of the content of each course of study authorized
by the Board of Trustees.
- Keep the Board of Trustees informed as to physical facility needs and
recommend procedures designed to meet them.
- Make appropriate reports to the Board of Trustees regarding the conditions
and needs of the school system.
- Recommend to the Board of Trustees by-law, rules, regulations, policy
statements and other written materials necessary for the direction and
control of the schools.
- Direct the preparation of the budget and submit the annual budget to
the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Arrange for delegation of authority in the event of absence of the Superintendent
from the District.
- Direct the development of long-range curriculum planning, the development
of objectives and programs, and recommend such objectives and programs
to the Board of Trustees.
- Analyze and appraise regularly and systematically the performance of
each area of the District's activities consistent with the approved objectives
and programs and' direct corrective action when necessary.
- Direct the development of ail District inservice programs.
- Promulgate job descriptions for staff positions.
- Direct the operation of the total district transportation system.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Board of Trustees.