FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT No. 25

AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE

BOARD OF TRUSTEES

May 13, 2008   

7:00 p.m. BOARD MEETING  

1.       Call to order with the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE the Regular Meeting of  May 13, 200 8 Board of Trustees for Fremont County School District #25

2.       Roll Call

3.       Consider adoption or make changes in the Board’s agenda.

4.       Consent Agenda

* Approve the minutes of the April 22, 2008 Board Meeting (attachment)

* Consider payment of bills including late pays (attachment)

5.        Round Table:

Visitors or Delegations

TBIS PRESENTATION – Pat Hardt and teachers

Luther’s are requesting an executive session

Board Members or Staff

Committee Reports

6.        Action Agenda Items:

a.            Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve the Contract with JGA Architects for the IT HVAC Replacement (attachment pages 1 - 2)

This contract is to replace the cooling unit in the Information Technology (IT) computer server room at Central Office.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve the contract with JGA for the IT HVAC Replacement in the amount of $15,800.

b.            Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Reduce the Retainage for Mid-Valley General Contractors (attachment pages 3 - 4)

Mid-Valley General Contractors is requesting that the retainage percentage be reduced from 10% to 5% on the Lincoln Elementary School project.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve the request from Mid-Valley General Contractors to reduce the retainage from 10% to 5% on the Lincoln Elementary School project.

c.             Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve Change Order No. 16 with Mid-Valley General Contractors (attachment page 5)

Colleen Nelson is recommending that the Board approve Change Order No. 16 with Mid-Valley General Contractors. This change order is for reimbursements of additional heat costs and is in the amount of $86,832.35.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve Change Order No. 16  with Mid-Valley General Contractors in the amount of

$86,832. 35.

d.            Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve Change Orders with Mid-Valley General Contractors (attachment pages 6 - 8)

Colleen Nelson is recommending that the Board approve Change Orders No. 12, 13, 14 and 15 with Mid-Valley General Contractors.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve Change Orders No. 12, 13, 14 and 15 with Mid-Valley General Contractors.

e.        Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Accept Resignations (attachment page 9 - 12)

We have received letters of resignation from the following effective at the end of this school year:

Shay Maxwell                              Lincoln BR Room

Allan Maybee                               RHS Phys. Ed.

Donna Rasmussen                       Rendezvous BR Room

Patricia Newlin                           RHS Special Ed.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board accept the resignation of  Shay Maxwell, Allan Maybee, Donna Rasmussen and Patricia Newlin effective at the end of  the 2007-2008 school year with regret.

f.      Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Accept the Resignation of Coaches

We have received letters of resignation from the following coaches:

Tiffani Weber                   RHS Head Volleyball

Kristy Lamb                     RHS Tennis

Willy Maxwell                  RMS Head Wrestling and 7th Head Football

Terrayne Fleak                RMS Head Volleyball

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board accept the coaching resignations as listed..

g.      Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Offer Contracts (attachment page 13 - 16)

I have received recommendations that the following people be hired for the 2008-2009 school year:

Tracy Wolfer                    RHS Language Arts

Robert Cogdill                 RHS Math

Bryce Giesmann              Elementary Art         

Tyler Jordan                    RMS Social Studies

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board offer contracts for the 2008-2009 school year as listed above.

h.      Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve the Early Graduation Requests (attachment pages 17 - 19 )

JoAnne Flanagan is recommending that the Board approve the early graduation requests for Cort Eppler and Brooklyn Schlager.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve the early graduation requests for Cort Eppler and Brooklyn Schlager.

i.       Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve the Increase for Legal Services (attachment pages 20)

Joel Vincent is requesting that his hourly rate for legal services be increased from $110 to $120 per hour. This is still below his standard charge rate.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve the request of Joel Vincent for the hourly rate for legal services to be increased from $110 to $120 per hour.

j.       Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Receive the Wyoming Bridges Grant Award (attachment page 21)

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board receive the Wyoming Bridges Grant award of $334,909.

k.      Consider an Administrative Recommendation to Approve New Courses for the High School for the 2008-2009 School Year (attachment pages 22 - 31)

JoAnne Flanagan is recommending the Board approve the following classes for the 2008-2009 school year:  Fused Glass; Environmental Science; Problem Solving; Anatomy for Healthy Bodies; and Current Issues in Health.

*Superintendent’s recommendation: I recommend the Board approve the Fused Glass; Environmental Science; Problem Solving; Anatomy for Healthy Bodies: and Current Issues in Health for RHS for the 2008-2009 school year.   

7.     Information Items

a.     NW BOCES Picnic – May 28th in Thermopolis (attachment pages 32)

b.     New Procedures for Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs (attachment pages 33 - 35)

c.     Donation of a Portable Evaporative Cooler from A. D. Martin for RHS   (attachment page 36)  

d.     Donation of $60 to Lincoln from Chad and Summer Lemley for the purchase of awards to be given out at the PBIS Awards Assemblies  (attachment page 37)

e.     Donation of $1,200 from the Lincoln School PTO to Lincoln for the purchase of additional computers (attachment page 38)

f.      Congratulations to Craig Beck for his Basom Leadership Award from Richard and Carole Weber (attachment page 39)

g.     Note of commendation from Cheryl Ogg regarding the RMS Band Instructor Jason Bennett and his band program (attachment page 40)

h.     Resignation of Rendezvous Aide Kenna Horton

i.      Resignation of RHS Aide Julie Nielsen

j.      Note from Jackie Meeker, BOCHES/Dual Credit Program Coordinator that Sara Perkins will be graduating from CWC with her AA degree as a valedictorian. Sara will also be graduating from Riverton High School (attachment pages 41)

k.     The RHS Girls’ Soccer Team received the WHSAA Good Sportsmanship Award  (attachment pages 42 – 43)

l.      SFC Memo on Financial Procedures (attachment pages 44 - 49)

m.    NSBA Statement on the Proposed New Regulations for the No Child Left Behind Act (attachment pages 50 - 51)

n.     WHSAA Reclassification Proposals (attachment pages 52 - 54)

o.     WHSAA Commissioner’s Comments (at desk)

p.     Casper Star Tribune Article BOCES Limits Free Credits for Students (attachment page 55)

q.     Thank you note to Craig Beck from John Gotto for the WASA Spring Conference (attachment page 56 )

r.     Article Web Security 101 (enclosure)

s.     Article Teen Issues: How to Deal (enclosure)

t.      Article Beyond the Bully (enclosure)

u.     Parent Technology Fair – May 31st  at RMS at 9:00 a.m.

8.     Discussion Items

a.     Meet and Confer Dates

b.     Board Retreat Date

c.     Graduation – May 25th at 1:30. Who plans to attend?

d.     Staff Awards – Should the date of presentation be changed and would revision of the categories and parameters be met with approval?

9.     Executive Session – Individual Student Records

10.    Adjournment

Respectfully,

Craig H. Beck

Superintendent